Whether you’re a water sport enthusiast or just beginning to get a hang of kayaking, the first thing you need to know is that an inflatable kayak is not a pool toy. Even without the polycarbonate shell of a traditional kayak, the 10 best inflatable kayaks are equally reliable on water.
Whether you want to own an inflatable kayak to rush through the Rapids, or need one for a quiet and peaceful voyage across the river, the choices can be confusing. To help you make the right decision, here is a compilation of the 10 best inflatable kayaks you can find.
10 Best Inflatable Kayaks
10Hydroforce Bolt X2 2-Person Kayak
While your typical floating kayak may be directed towards high octane sporting, the Hydroforce Bolt X2 is built for companionship. Although the kayak can easily accommodate too, do make sure the weight limit is maintained under 374 lbs. If you need a cost-effective kayak for fishing and tourism, the Bolt X2 is the one you need.
- Comes with a high-volume pump and double-bladed aluminium oars.
- Dual seating structure is comfortable and ideal for fishing trips.
- Two-person weight limit of 374 lbs and low resistance against rough waters.
9Coleman Quikpak K1 1-Person Kayak
Compared to regular kayaks, the biggest difference in inflatable kayaks is the fact that they come only in sit-on models. However, the Coleman Quikpak K1 breaks the tradition with a sit-in design that resembles the sporty look of a regular kayak. The backpack system of the kayak makes it easy to carry around right away, making it perfect for bikers and campers.
- Unique design that matches traditional sit-in kayaks commonly available.
- Perfect for on-the-road travellers and hikers when travelling cross-country.
- Made for calmer water and cannot withstand the wrath of fast-flowing water and boulders.
8Sea Eagle S3370K_P Inflatable with Pro Package
Another rare find in the kayak world is the Sea Eagle S3370K_P, which offers a group experience when on the waters. With a withholding capacity of 650 lbs, the inflatable kayak can easily hold up to three people along with supplies for the trip. With two double-blade aluminium paddles to keep you going, you will want to hit the waters right away with this bad boy.
- Large size and capacity of 650 lbs makes it roomy for a family fishing trip.
- Unique design that can withstand rough waters to a certain limit.
- The large capacity makes up a heavy kayak, which is not travel-friendly.
7Intex Explorer K2 – 2-Person Kayak Set
One of the most highly-rated kayak for two people, the Intex Explorer K2 is the perfect companion for the adventurous. With large and well-rounded seats, you can enjoy complete comfort, along with the efficiency of strengthened aluminium oars and a high-output pump.
- Fairly large inflatable kayak with plenty of room for two people.
- Smart design that floats beautifully on calm waters and can withstand cruising too.
- Although you can remove one seat for solo ride, the kayak cannot keep up against strong currents.
6Sea Eagle SE330 Inflatable Sports Pro
A variation of its two-seater floater for relaxation, the Sea Eagle SE330 Inflatable Sports Pro is made for the solo travellers. Built with the same quality material as its predecessor, the SE330 can withstand up to 500 lbs, which means plenty of room for large supplies.
- The 11-foot long kayak is dense enough to carry two people, despite being a one-seater.
- Comes with certification for navigation over calm lakes, whitewater and oceans with Class III Whitewater rating.
5Intex 1 Person Challenger K1
If you are new to kayaking and need an inflatable one that can provide an all-in-one solution, check out the Intex 1 Person Challenger K1. Made for the budget-minded, this one kit offers you everything you need to get started right out of the box.
- The kayak comes with an all-inclusive kit, paired with an 84-inch, double-headed oar for maximum control.
- Reasonable price for a starter kit to kayaking that offers full control even over choppy waters.
- The total weight capacity is only 220 lbs, which limits the capability of the kayak.
4Coleman Big Basin 3-Person Kayak
If you are looking for an affordable inflatable kayak that satisfies the adrenaline rush you and your couple of pals need, go for this one. The Big Basin kayak from Coleman measures a massive 12 ft. 3 in. in size, large enough to carry 490 lbs. This kayak is among the few that not only offers a weight capacity, but also three seats to accommodate a trio.
- Fairly large kayak for water sports at an affordable price.
- Dual-directional strakes and tracking fin maintains a straight trajectory when you paddle.
- The kayak is best suited for mild whitewater travel and cannot withstand the bashing a traditional one can.
3Sea Eagle SE370K_P Kayak
A noticeable improvement over its predecessor, the Sea Eagle SE370K_P is another massive kayak for group water sports. Measuring in at 12 ft. 6 in. in size, the SE370K_P comes with self-balling and drain valves, which make it ideal for handling rough waters. Built with patented PolyKrylar hull, the kayak can take a solid beating and still survive.
- Large size factor and highly durable PolyKar is able to keep this kayak safe from punctures and damage.
- With special water-outlet technology present, you can take this kayak out on the whitewaters and rough ocean without any hiccups.
- All the premium features and quality material add up to the price.
2Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
If you are looking through this list of 10 best inflatable kayaks just for the purpose of fishing, you need to look no further. Hands down, no kayak offers the comfort and added accessories designed for fishing, such as the Berkeley Quick-Se rod holders and fittings for a Sevylor trolling motor. Even the paddle holders are given along to help you concentrate on angling.
- Comes with multitude of attachments dedicated towards fishing.
- With a 470 lbs holding capacity, there’s plenty of room for supplies too.
- As the name suggests, you should keep the capability of this kayak to boating and cruising only.
1Advanced Elements AE1012-R Advanced Frame Kayak
If you have been kayaking for some time and need to take it to the next level, the AE1012-R is just what you need. This kayak from Advanced Elements comes with the highest rated REI inflatable standard and a 7-chamber body. With a 300 lbs load capacity and just 36 lbs when deflated, there is so much that the AE1012-R has to offer.
- Highly portable hybrid design, despite the massive 300 lbs load capacity.
- Comes with a collapsible frame that adds an immense amount of rigidity to the kayak, making it suitable for all types of water sports.
- Seven-chamber inflation can be tedious at first, but gets easier over time.