Whether you ask the scientists or even a layman walking down the street, everyone knows the importance of a good night’s sleep. While your physical condition, room temperature and comfort are important factors, the right pillow can make everything better.
Fortunately, we have come a long way from using just feathers and cotton as stuffing for a raggedly pillow, now that cooling pillows are out. One of the most popular home and living items in the market these days, the best cooling pillow will put your mind and body at peace. To help you find the one out there, here’s a list of the best cooling pillows that you need for a refreshing day.
10 Best Cooling Pillows of 2016
10Bamboo Stay Cool Pillow
Possibly one of the cheapest type of cooling pillows out there, the Perfect Bamboo Stay Cool Pillow stand out of the crowd. Keeping in mind that some people are allergic to the typical memory foam and cooling gel used in most cooling pillows, this one will keep your allergies at bay. While being on the softer side, this cooling pillow is free of bad odour and stays fluffy without any effort.
- Hypoallergenic materials for a comfortable sleeping experience.
- No bad chemical odour or harsh reactants.
- Does not require regular fluffing and won’t go flat over time.
- May not be appropriate for those who prefer a firm pillow for head-rest.
9Classic Brand Memory Foam Pillow
The fact that the manufacturer has branded a 3-year warranty on this cooling pillow shows that you’re buying a long-lasting product. More than just durability, the Classic Brand Memory Foam Pillow comes with a design that is ideal for anyone, regardless of their sleeping habits.
- Cool Gel technology for smooth airflow and moisture retention.
- A generously extended warranty of 3 years for added quality assurance.
- The right amount of stiffness/softness makes it ideal for different sleepers.
- Removable cover needs to be washed the first time to get rid of residual chemical odor of the materials.
8Iso-Cool Side Sleeper
Definitely a recognizable name among cooling pillows, the Iso-Cool Side Sleeper is made with the best Memory Foam material commercially available. Without any cooling gel, the soft and breathable cotton finish of the pillow keeps its naturally cool. If you want the comfort of a modern pillow with the feel of the traditional one, this is the one for you.
- Pure 100% cotton material gives a smooth and comfortable feeling.
- Regulates heat according to your needs and perfect for side sleepers.
- High quality memory foam provides firmness and overall support.
- The form might be a bit thin for those who sleep with a single pillow.
7Dreamfinity Cooling Memory Foam Pillow
Offering the best of both worlds, Dreamfinity brings an amazing cooling pillow with the modern design elements. The micro-bubble cooling gel will keep you floating, while the breathable mesh does not let moisture stay back.
- The modern design and premium quality cooling gel is the perfect combination.
- The breathable mesh can be easily washed and keeps odors away.
- The basic temperature of the cooling gel is always lower than room temperature.
- Size and dimension of the cooling pillow may seem on the smaller side.
6Sleep Innovations Reversible Cooling Pillow
If you usually share your pillows with your partner, having a different style of pillow in a single cover can be quite desirable. This is exactly the function that Sleep Innovations offers with its Reversible Cooling Pillow. With the comfort of Memory Foam on one side and cooling gel on the other, you will never have to choose between the two again.
- Cost effective and offers functionality of two kinds of pillows in one.
- The perfect choice, regardless of your sleeping style.
- An impressive 5-year warranty makes it a safe purchase in any case.
- Cooling gel does not offer low temperatures as advertised by the manufacturer.
5Kole Imports Cooling Pillow Mat
While the Kole Imports Cooling Pillow Mat does not technically qualify as a pillow, it is the next best thing to it. If you prefer the natural feel of feather and cotton pillows but want the cooling technology, all you need is the Penguin Cooling Pillow Mat.
- Cheaper than buying a premium cooling pillow altogether.
- Portable enough for travel and use on any traditional pillow.
- The effect is not as long-lasting compared to real cooling pillows.
4PharMeDoc Contour Cooling Pillow
The first attraction towards this hybrid cooling pillow is the shape, but every other aspect of the PharMeDoc Contour is equally impressive. Built especially for those who suffer from neck and back pain, this cooling pillow offers liquid gel, memory foam, and a plush cover in a single product.
- The unique design adjusts and accommodates your sleeping habits.
- The plush cover is soft, yet highly breathable with active air flow.
- Hypoallergenic quality makes it suitable for children as well as the elderly.
- The unique design takes away the firmness that a traditional pillow offers.
3Iso-Cool Standard Cooling Pillow
Iso-Cool is a formidable name in modern cooling pillows, so it’s no surprise that their Standard Cooling Pillow makes it to the list. Packed with premium memory foam material, traditional design and feel along with intelligent cooling technology is what makes this product a must-buy.
- Made with traditional pillow in mind and 100% natural cotton materials.
- Comes with a 15-year warranty so that you can depend on the quality for years.
- Perfect for balance and support with automatically regulated temperature.
- Some users have complained that the pillow loses its shape over the years. However, this phenomenon is covered by the warranty.
2Classic Brands Gusseted Cooling Pillow
The Gusseted Cooling Pillow takes an above-average price point to offer a unique material, which brings the comfort to a whole new level. Made with a sleep gel foam that responds to surrounding temperature and pressure, this cooling pillow from Classic Brands is great for should, neck and head support.
- The plush ventilated surface keep you cool while air flows freely between layers.
- Cool pass fiber wicks away all the moisture, keeping the pillow dry and soft.
- Gusseted sides make it ideal for side and back sleepers.
- The unconventional shape and density of the pillow needs some time to adjust to.
1SeasonSense Molded Memory Foam Gel Pillow
Another popular brand among high-tech cooling pillows, SeasonSense Molded Memory Foam offers an extraordinary resting experience. Built with a high-density material called PliTech memory foam, the pillow also comes with CoolMax cover for added temperature regulation.
- Premium memory foam with patented engineering technology for max density.
- A special mesh cover offers breathability and is hypoallergenic as well.
- Unique design offers better form for head, back and sides as well.
- The Arctic Gel technology is slightly below the marketed cooling temperature.